Proma’s H Series Roll Grinder is the heaviest duty OD grinders capable of grinding high rollers up to 40 tons, used in high precision industries such as Aircraft Landing Gear MRO, Paper & Steel Roller production & Repairs. Customers continue to choose this machine for its fast investment returns and strong reliability.
Item PROMA H130 PROMA H160 PROMA H200 Max Swing over Table Ø1,300mm Ø1,600mm Ø2,000mm Max Distance between Center 4M,5M,6M,7M,8M 5M,6M,7M,8M,10M,12M 6M,7M,8M,10M,12M Max Workpiece Weight 15,000KG 30,000KG 40,000KG Max OD Diameter Ø1,300mm Ø1,600mm Ø2,000mm Wheel Size (OD x Width x Bore) Ø910 x 304.8 x 80mm Ø910 x 304.8 x 80mm Ø910 x 304.8 x 80mm Grinding Wheel RPM 300 – 1,200 RPM 300 – 1,200 RPM 300 – 1,200 RPM Grinding Wheel Cross Feed Rate 3000mm/min 3000mm/min 3000mm/min Table Travel Speed 25 – 6000mm/min 25 – 6000mm/min 25 – 6000mm/min Work Head Rotation 6 – 50 RPM 3 – 30 RPM 3 – 30 RPM Roll Neck Diameter 90 – 400mm 350 – 700mm 350 – 700mm Center Taper PT#100 PT#100 PT#100 Tailstock Speed 2000mm/min 2000mm/min 2000mm/min Quill Stroke 200mm 200mm 200mm Grinding Wheel Motor 40HP 50HP 75HP
- Machine Casing – The table/headstock, machine base, and carriage are all made of high strength FC-30 – FC-35 castings. The guideways are constantly being lubricated by a hydrodynamic hydrostatic lubrication system to reduce drag between components and improve part finish.
- Tail stock – Tailstock re-positioning is made easy thru the use of an air assist device mounted on the bottom of the tailstock. Work piece alignment is done via tailstock adjustment. The diamond wheel dresser is mounted on side of the tailstock for easy access. An optional revolving 4-jaw chuck tailstock is available for extremely heavy workpieces.
- Wheel Head – The wheelhead spindle is designed with hydrodynamic bearing and is made of Ni-CR-Mo alloy for superior strength and maximum grinding finish. The wheelhead and carriage are lubricated by a hydrodynamic & hydrostatic lubrication system. The spindle and spindle motor utilize an indirect design to avoid strain on the motor.
- Headstock – Headstock RPM is infinitely variable thru use of a frequency motor. Re-positioning is made easy using an air assist devise mounted on the bottom of the wheelhead. A spring driven trip dog is used to ensure a smooth start up and rotation of the workpiece. The Proma H series uses a rotating center.
- CNC Controller – The FANUC CNC-controller provides a more automated roll grinding process where the grinding operator inputs a grinding program to performed the grinding cycle sequentially. The crown grinding is also easy to get which include base arc curve SINE curve COSINE curve CVC curve and combined arc curve. The camber values are assigned by the program.
- Accessories – Proma grinders can be equipped with Automatic OD Measuring system for in cycle measuring.