Unison manufactures nine versions of its Flexible Grinding System (FGS). Each of these machines use Unison’s proprietary software and motion control. The FGS Series is constructed on a cast iron base which has been hand scraped to insure the highest level of accuracy. Precision ground ballscrews are installed to provide smooth motion control and increase both the accuracy and longevity of the FGS Series machines.
Click on the following tabs for more information:
Unison’s Model 2650 Combination Cutting Tool/Burr Grinder is a turnkey 7 Axis CNC production grinder featuring an automatic parts loader/ unloader. This machine is supplied with a self contained coolant system and a complete package of our proprietary software.
The Model 2650 is designed for high production manufacturing of small tools made from carbide, HSS, ceramic, stainless steel and other materials. This grinder is installed in many of the world’s largest manufacturers of medical, dental and industrial burrs.
Combining Unison’s software with the Windows™ Operating System automatically optimizes the grinding performance, increases your production of parts, improves part quality and increases overall shop floor efficiency.
- Unison’s software will quickly qualify tools and check part specifications
- 3D Parts Predictor – offers advanced verification of programs to alert the operator of potential collisions between the tool and the grinding wheel before they occur to avoid potential costly machine crashes and to provide dual feedback diagnostics.
- Three-dimensional live simulation allows the operator to view a tool before grinding begins and also lets you view the actual tool being ground during production. The operator of a Unison CNC Grinder can begin designing and/or loading the next tool program while the machine is grinding parts to maximize the machine’s productivity.
- Remote Programming Station – If you have more than one Unison Grinding Machine, you can use an offline remote programming station to function as the main server for your network of machines.
- Operator Lockout – Unison’s software has been designed to be very flexible to allow for customized security measures to prevent access without a specific password. The importance of this feature is the software will allow the operator to only perform the functions they have access to.